Monday, June 08, 2009

Getting My Feet Back on the Ground

This last week has been really busy, but don't feel like much has been accomplished. Mostly planning and scheduling staff holidays. Many projects are in the works. The Boersmas and I took a quick day trip to South Africa on Saturday to buy food, tools for work projects, and supplies to complete various tasks.

I was struck down with the stomach flu last night, and it has put me out of commission for the day. At one point last night, I wondered if this is what it felt like to die. I don't think that I have ever been that sick. I am feeling better now and hope to get some things accomplish before bed tonight.

We are working hard to find another property to move our 2nd house to, before the end of the month. It is very important that we find something that has more room for the children and facilitates our ministry better. We continue to search and hope that all are praying that God will bring us to the right house soon.

People continue to bring children to the house. I have lost track of how many new kids we have taken into our homes in the last two weeks. The kids are beautiful, and most are doing well health wise. It is good to be here at this time, but emotionally, spiritually, and physically draining.

I have not had time to take many pictures and have struggled to find a internet connection that will work for uploading. I want to share some of my new photo work, but will have to be patient, until I find connection with good uploading speed. Thanks for continuing to follow my life in Maputo. Look forward to sharing more as things continue to develop. Check back often.

update: 11:00 am. I uploaded a few new pictures to my flickr account. check out the link to the right

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Praying for you my friend. And all there.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Wait, so you all have gotten even more new kids this week??? I'm confused how that is even possible space-wise, staff-wise, & sanity-wise... How many kids are there total now??? I know it is crazy busy there, but whenever you get a free second, I'd love to read a blog post with like a sentence on each of the new ones, so I can be praying for them as well... pretty pretty please?

Keep us also posted on more specific prayer requests as they come! You're the best, miss ya!

~britt

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home