Sunday, June 15, 2008

a quick update

Things are going amazing here. The majority of the team left yesterday and should arrive in Kansas City at around noon today. I am heading out to Gloria's house (one of the educators) tomorrow to start the water install, and the following day I am putting on my electrician's hat and getting one of the other educators electricity to her house.

I had the opportunity to use my camera to shoot a wedding yesterday. I got some really neat pictures at the wedding palace in downtown Maputo. It is a government building, so most of the time pictures aren't allowed, unless you are invited by the wedding party. It was a neat experience, and some quality cultural exposure.

House church was good today. I taught last week, and totally rocked the gospel groups. It was neat to share that part of our community back home with the people in the house church in Mozambique.

Pieter, Rika, and the family are taking a few days to get away to South Africa this week and leaving us in charge. The educators aren't going to be back until Saturday, so it will be a busy couple of days without much time to catch our breath. It has been good to have my good friend Christie here. We entertain each other and help keep each other sane. Last night, we walked a couple of miles in the dark, after the babies were bathed and in bed, to a little South African restaurant, because we were desperate for good food, didn't want to cook, and had no groceries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home