Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Bags are Packed

The day has finally come. Departure Day. I fly out at 12:30pm and will be flying through Houston to Amsterdam. Amsterdam to Johannesburg, South Africa. I will spend the night in Johannesburg with a friend and then fly to Nelspruit, South Africa, where I will spend the day and night with another friend. On Wednesday morning Pieter will be out to pick us up and take us into Mozambique.

This morning, I woke up feeling somewhat overwhelmed. This is a new feeling for me when leaving for Mozambique. In the past, I usually am filled with excitement, and wonder of what adventure I am going to find. But right now, with the circumstance and what has happened in the last few weeks with my MOZ family, I just don't know what is really going to be required of me.

Please pray that I will be able to support my friend's spiritual, emotional, and physical needs well. Also that I would be a good listener. That I would offer extreme flexibility, understanding, and have no expectations of what is supposed to happen. Pray that I would have patience with those around me. That I would find a new capacity to serve others and love them well.

Thank you for reading and following along with the adventure. It is going to be a busy summer, with lots going on. I wish that I had more insight into all that is going to be taking place, but I will have to leave you in suspense. Please check back often, and make sure to leave a comment, so that I know people are following along with the adventure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous SafeHavenChapel said...

Justin,

You don't know me, but I am a longtime friend of your dad through work and the last few years, through church.

Your visits to church and your sharing of your experiences is touching more hearts than you probably realize.

My wife and I have developed a heart for missions (we went to Haiti this year) so to some extent we can identify with what you feel.

Your shared testimonies are part of what encouraged us. Seeing the unconditional love you share along with your love of Christ does have an impact beyond what you can see.

God Bless you and your service to Him. We will keep you in our prayers.

Boyd (& Pam) from York

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home