Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Thank You!

The following is a short thank you list of people & places in my life:

- To the Embassy of the Republic of Mozambique.
* I finally have my passport in hand, and it has my visa stamped in it so that I can come into your fine country. Thank you for being prompt in processing my paper work.
- To the Kansas City Public Library (Plaza Branch)
* I am very thankful that you finally found the nine books of children's poetry (5th grade poetry unit) on your shelves that were said to be still checked out on my library account. I no longer have $154.00 fine for books that I returned many months ago.
- To the great community of friends that I have at The Gathering
* I love the fact that I have great friends that care about each other, and will pray for each other when it is needed.

- To everyone who has responded in any way to my upcoming trip to Mozambique, Africa
* I have been blown away by the generosity of people in my life that want to help me out and be a part of what is happening in Mozambique. I have been, and still am penny-pinching to make sure that I have the funds in order to make the trip work.
In the last month, after much encouraging and friends almost forcing me to send out letters to let others participate in Mozambique at the baby house/orphanage. Honestly, I was very hesitant to ask for help financially, but I was told that I need to allow people to be involved. Out of obedience, and pressure from friends, even though I was still not super comfortable with asking for financial help, I went ahead and sent out a few letters to family and friends.
Can I just tell you, it has been so neat to see people step out and volunteer to help. I really didn't know what to expect as a response, and honestly didn't have any expectations of people showing interest. It is so wonderful to know that people in my life are excited to help with a project that I feel so strongly lead to participate in.
I will never be able to describe how touched and moved I have been as I come home and find notes/cards in the mailbox sharing words of encouragement, promises of prayer while I am gone, and financial support. It is very comforting to know that I have a group of people in the States that is interested, concerned, caring, and is praying for me while I travel to work with wonderful people who I'm so excited to be able to support and serve alongside. Thank you for your continued prayer, and support.



In the picture are pictured Pieter, Rika, and some of their wonderful "little" family. These are the people that I have the privilege to work next to all summer.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home