Saturday, April 07, 2007

Passport and Vaccinations

It has been a whirlwind the last couple of weeks. I have been hard at work with graduate school, shaping young minds, and preparations for Africa. I have some of the latest happenings are that my passport finally showed up. I had sent it away at the beginning of the year understanding that it would be back no later than March 1st. It finally showed up this last week (almost a month late). I was starting to get a little worried because I still need to send away for my travel visas. I also have taken care of all of my shots and vaccinations. The week of my work's spring break I had slight cases of Hepatitis A&B, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Typhoid. Sounds like a ton of fun, doesn't it? Yea, for shots!

I also purchased another plane ticket today. It was my first purchase in foreign currency. It cost R925 (Rand). We decided that a 55 minute plane ride on South African Airlines was better than a 10+ hour bus ride across South Africa. I'm a little disappointed because I will miss out on the adventure of the bus ride, but I think that I appreciate at the choice after I have been on a plane or in an airport for the last three days. Kansas City -- Chicago -- New York -- Madrid -- Johannesburg -- Nelspruit -- Maputo. 54 days until I leave.

jb

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home