Friday, April 27, 2007

Graduate School Almost Finished for the Semester

Tonight I attended my last class for the semester (I still have one final paper to write this weekend). For those of you that don't know, I have been working on earning my Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL). This degree has been preparing me to work more effectively with students who are learning English and from a different culture. The program at UMKC hasn't been the most impressive, but it will give me the ability to graduate with a degree of expertise in the field.

This may also may be a little nugget of new information, but part of the reason for my upcoming trip, is because I want to check out Africa as a place that I may want to move for a more long term stay. I want to teach overseas and hopefully make a difference in social justice. It is all very much up in the air, but I definitely don't want to close any doors prematurely.

As my school year is coming to a close, and the trip continues to approach, I have been keeping busy with many things. Typing many papers for my six hours of graduate credit has been dominating my life, I got more shots yesterday at the health clinic, and I also visited the doctor for my Malaria medicine. I decided to take Larium, which has a very likely side affect of hallucinations, vivid dreams, and possible night terrors. Never a dull moment ... At least I won't get malaria, and it may give me really interesting things to write about. Stay tuned for Larium induced dream stories and possible hallucinations.

I have sent off for my visa into Mozambique, and am waiting patiently that it will show up in a timely manner. Say a little prayer, because without my passport, I'm not going anywhere.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger annaelyse said...

i do what i can...have fun with those malaria meds! i generally have pretty out of control dreams so i have no idea if the larium made them any worse or not?!?

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home