Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Come Bearing Gifts

These last few days, have had no shortage of things to do. I have been keeping really busy with getting things in order, spending time with friends, doing laundry, packing, and buying fun things to take over for Pieter, Rika, and the gang.

I have packed an entire large rolling suitcase full of items just for everyone that is already in Maputo. Hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise for my new friends in Mozambique. The bag contains cake mixes, kool-aid, peanut and plain M&Ms, new games to play, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Uno cards that aren't worn out, soccer balls, lots of items to help make Mexican food, and many other things that will hopefully make everyone's day.

However, I had the most fun buying toys for Pieter and Rika’s three little boys. Squirt guns, a bug zoo, and the most awesome toy known to man. I heard through a reliable source that the boys are really into Spiderman, and I found this:

When I saw him sitting there on that Target shelf, he seemed to be shouting and begging for me to pick it up and put in my cart. Little did Mr. Potatohead know, but he is preparing to travel to Africa to make three little boys day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home