Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Time Has Come

The day is finally here. I leave tomorrow at around noon from Kansas City and will finally arrive sometime Saturday afternoon to the babyhouse.

Life has been a whirlwind over the last couple of weeks. For those reading that may not know me personally I am a teacher during the school year (this is why I have my summer to find adventure in Africa). Our school year was extended because of the many snow days that we enjoyed earlier in the year. So my 5th graders and I just finished our last day of school earlier today.

Leading a trip, leaving the country for a month, working full time, and trying to keep up with friends that I won't be able to see while I am gone has worn me out. I look forward to my flights with Christie as a time to chat, but also as a great time to catch up on my sleep. The next time you will hear from me, will be from the "motherland of Africa." Take care.

Itinerary:

KCMO to Detroit
Detroit to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Johannesburg
Overnight layover with a friend in Johannesburg
Johannesburg to Nelspruit
In Nelspruit, Pieter is picking us up from the airport for a 3 hour ride to Maputo and the beautiful kids at the babyhouse.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home