Friday, June 22, 2007

Hippo Sighting Update

I have not forgotten about my quest for a hippo, but there is need for an update. I was informed that most of the wildlife in Mozambique was killed off in the civil war. People killed most animals for food because there was such a shortage while the fighting was going on. I was told; that there was a long time that you seldom even saw birds here. No dogs, no cats, but some chickens and a few goats.

My passport's visa for Mozambique has to be renewed every 30 days. This means that we have to leave the country and return to gain a new visa. Molly and I have arranged a trip to Nelspruit, South Africa next week. Nelspruit is the location of Kruger National Park. The park has been ranked as one of the top places to safari in the entire World. It should be a good break, which gives us a chance to relax and recuperate.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Yay for some down time!

1:10 AM  
Blogger mindyz said...

Hi, Mr. Berger, this is Taylor. I am glad that you are doing so good. That is really nice of you to help that little girl. My mom has been printed out your updates for me I just got done reading and wanted to say hi.
Taylor

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home